Monday 10 August 2015

A Day In Hyde Park

Last week I spent the day in Hyde Park with two of my best friends, and it was such a lovely day. I've been to Hyde Park a few times including on my London Scavenger Hunt last year, but I've never spent a whole day there and I've always wanted to go on The Serpentine's pedalo's! So we jumped on a train and found our way to one of the parks many entrances.

We wandered along the paths and past some of the beautiful fountains and statues before finding a spot on the grass to set up camp. We got an ice-cream from the stand in the park and they were delicious, I went for double chocolate and caramel honeycomb.



After a bit of sunbathing we decided we better grab some lunch. We packed up our things and went back to Victoria. After a bit of debate we had Zizzi's (I didn't want Wagamama's, much to Becca's disgust).

Next up was the main aim of the day... the pedalo's!!!

Photo Credit to Becca



Photo Credit to Becca






Photo Credit to Juliet

It did not disappoint and was really fun, despite being quite hard work! It even gave us the opportunity to take some cute pictures. We literally took hundreds so these are just a few of my favourites. Also shout out to the ticket man who gave us 10 minutes extra free!

Photo Credit to Becca

Once we'd got back onto dry land we went on the search of scones, because we're THAT English ;)

Photo Credit to Becca

And we were successful! The Serpentine CafĂ© and Restaurant served scones with clotted cream and jam, alongside a lovely view  of The Serpentine.


 
After we lay on the grass enjoying the lovely evening (we were very lucky with the weather)! We must of chatted for ages before wandering back to the station to catch a jam-packed train home. It was one of my favourite days of the summer so far and hopefully we can return next year with the rest of our group of friends!
 
Thanks for reading xxx

2 comments:

  1. I was so pumped for this post :') The best day and I love the photos <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good day ;) hey you MAKE the photos and I gave you photo credit as promised!! xxx

      Delete