Tuesday 14 July 2015

Maybelline Super Stay Nail Polish | Review

Today I'm going to do a review of the Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Gel Nail Polish. I don't think I've ever done a specific review post, so let me know if you like seeing reviews!!
 
 
Okay so first off I have 5 of these nail polishes in the shades Divine Wine, Berry Stain, Pink in the Park, White Sail and the base and top coat, Crystal Clear. In my opinion all of the colours apply really beautifully. The brush is flat and fairly wide, quite similar to the Essie brushes. This makes application of the polish quick as it literally takes two strokes ( perhaps a third just to neaten up the edges!).
 
R-L: Crystal Clear, White Sail, Pink in the Park, Berry Stain and Divine Wine
 
Their formulation is great too. They're nice and thick meaning you can get away with just one coat but if you're a perfectionist like me you'll go for the second. They dry relatively quickly, but what i would say is be very careful when you're nails are touch dry, seeing as the polish is so thick it's so easy to get those tiny indents from reaching into your bag etc. They apply evenly and smoothly, with a shiny finish whilst giving an almost gel appearance. However like any nail polish claiming to have a gel finish- it's faaarrrr off the real thing! Honestly I've stopped acknowledging every brands claims of 'gel-finish'.
 
These polishes last very well on me. In general I do struggle with finding nail polish that doesn't chip after a couple of days- I think it's washing my hair that does it, does anyone else find this?! Anyway the seven day claim I so nearly achieve as I can get five to six days, which for me is a bloody miracle!
 
Additionally they're really affordable at £4.49 each and they're always on offer, and I mean ALWAYS! My mum use to only use the Estee Lauder nail polishes, but she says she actually prefers these, and considering they're £10 cheaper she's not complaining...
 
 
My only complaint with the Maybelline Super Stay polishes is the colour range in the line. Online there are loads but in store there never seems to be much choice even when fully stocked. Even then quite a few, that are available, don't really appeal to me.
 
Overall these nail polishes are brilliant quality and affordable and I intend to buy more (of those that do take my fancy). You can buy the Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Gel Polishes here.
  
 
Thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment