Friday 19 December 2014

The Christmas Tag

I feel like I can now properly get in the swing of Christmas because I've broken up from school! I was excited before but things have just reached a whole new level! To celebrate the run up to the big day (6 sleeps!!!) I'm going to attempt to do a festive post every day leading up to it- no promises!! So to start of this Christmas series I thought I'd do the Christmas Tag...
 
 
1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie?
I've always loved The Grinch since I was little, it's a classic! More recently I haven't been able to resist from watching Nativity since it was released a couple of years ago. It's so funny and puts me in the Christmas mood instantly!
 
2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas morning always. Preferably as early as possible, I can never contain my excitement!
 
3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I don't really have a specific memory but I'm lucky enough to go skiing every year with my family and family friends. Most years we actually are in the French Alps for Christmas Day. Most people would probably hate this as we wouldn't get to see our family but I always loved it. We'd open presents first thing in the morning, then we'd go out skiing for a few hours. We'd come home get dressed up and enjoy our Christmas dinner and play board games long into the evening. For us it was perfect because our family friends are like family to us. Last year was the first year my family had Christmas in England for a while and to be honest it felt quite odd!
 
4. Favourite festive food?
For me when the Celebrations box is whipped out Christmas really begins ;)

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
I was obsessed with Polly Pockets when I was younger. Every Christmas I'd circle everything Polly Pocket related in the Argos catalogue and write them on my list for Santa. One year I actually got four sets of Polly Pocket and set up a little town in the middle of my living room! It was insane! A while ago my mum told me I only got all four sets because they were on special offer, but hey I'm not complaining :')

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
I love the smell of the fire in my living room burning. It's not specifically Christmassy because my dad refuses to turn the heating on but it always reminds me of Christmas time.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
As I've already said, for so many years I actually spent Christmas Eve as well as Christmas Day in the French Alps skiing. When we were there we'd ski during the day and go out for a big meal in the evening, as in France they actually make a bigger deal of Christmas Eve than they do Christmas day. However at home we don't really have any traditions. Last minute wrapping, maybe a Christmas film and mum stressing out probably!

8. What tops your tree?
We have a white angel. She's really old now but still looks beautiful. The only thing that bothers me is that the other decorations are all red and gold so she doesn't really fit in but my mum refuses to replace her because she's always been our tree topper.

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
A horse. Even before I began horse riding lessons I always wanted a pony. To be honest I'm still asking for one!

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Now I know here I'm really meant to say spending time with my friends and family, and that is great, but honestly the best bit is of course the Christmas dinner! Nothing is better than my mums roast potatoes, and I personally feel like I look forward to having pigs in blankets all year. And no roast is complete without some stuffing...my fave!!

So that is my Christmas Tag done, I tag Becca Lou!

Thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment