Saturday 11 October 2014

My Current Skincare Routine

Following on from My Hair Care Routine, today I'm going to talk you through each step of my current skincare routine and the products I use. Before I start I just thought I should mention that I have  combination skin, where my skin is generally normal to dry but I get quite an oily T-zone.
 

Morning:

In the morning I keep my skincare really simple. To be honest this is for no other reason than the fact that I am lazy and can't be bothered to do anything before I go off to school!

As soon as I wake up I use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water on a cotton pad to cleanse my face quickly. I love this product as there's no faff to use it and it's really affordable.

Once my face is nice and clean I use a tiny amount of the Nivea Soft Moisturiser all over my face. I find this gives my face the moisture it needs, but seeing as I have combination skin (typical teenager!) it doesn't make my skin super shiny. And that is it for the mornings!

Evening:

So in the evenings I whip out the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water again and I use it to remove all my makeup.

Next I use the Clean & Clear Daily Exfoliating Wash. Now although this states it's a daily exfoliator I actually only use it every couple of days to ensure I don't damage my skin. I prefer to use this like a mask and leave it five minutes before rinsing it off with my flannel. This does make my skin feel softer and it's oil free so it doesn't break me out like other exfoliants do. This also removes any last traces of my makeup, so on the days I don't use it I will take an extra cotton pad of the Micellar Cleansing Water and do a double cleanse.

Next I use the L'Oreal Skin Perfection Correcting Serum. This aims to even out your skin tone and I personally think it does this to a certain extent, but I really use this as it makes sure my moisturiser soaks into the deeper layers of my skin but it is still really light.

I follow this up by using my Nivea Soft Moisturiser again.

While my moisturiser is soaking in I apply a small amount of the Estee Lauder Eye Cream because my mum loves to remind me it's never too early to start using an eye cream! I just pat this around my eye area carefully using my ring fingers.

And finally I use the Superdrug Tea Tree Spot Stick on any spots or blemishes I have. It's a weird green gel with a doe foot applicator. It tingles a little bit when you first apply it but I guess that shows it's working! I find by using this my spots clear up much quicker, so what's not to love? Oh and it's super cheap!!

I don't like to overcomplicate my skincare routine and I try not to change products too often to keep it consistent. My skin is far from perfect but this is what I find works for me and keeps my skin as clear as possible!

Thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment