Saturday 27 September 2014

My Hair Care Routine

So today's post is going to be my current hair care routine. Occasionally I like to shake up my routine but these are the products and steps that really work well for me at the moment.

FYI- Now before I begin telling you what works for me, I'll tell you a little about my hair! To be honest my hair is a complete nightmare... Naturally it's incredibly frizzy and wavy and an added bonus is that it is very thick. Therefore most of the products I use aim to control and smooth.


So when I wash my hair I start by brushing it through using my Tangle Teezer. I'm sure you've heard of these saviours before but if you haven't they make brushing thick, unruly hair a breeze! Then I use the TRESemmé Salon Silk shampoo and conditioner. Like I said before this combo claims to control frizz and smooth's hair, which it does to a certain extent. On hair that is slightly calmer than mine I'm sure it'd do the trick perfectly but it really is a challenge with my hair!

What I especially love about the Salon Silk is that it actually has silk proteins and argon oil in it. The silk proteins improve the hair structure and restores your hairs natural bounce and shine. Argon Oil does a very similar job. It is proven that it makes hair shinier, silkier, softer, it can treat split ends and of course my favourite...it tames frizz! I've really noticed a difference in my hair since TRESemmé included the argon oil and silk proteins. I've found my hair is much softer if I leave the conditioner on for a few minutes and brush it through before I wash it out.


Once my hair is squeaky clean I apply different styling products to it. I first apply the Paul Mitchell Original The Conditioner. This is just a leave in conditioner. Personally I think it smells really good, but I can't tell what it reminds me of! It's a mint blue colour and I apply a small amount to the bottom two thirds of my hair.

Recently I've been using the TRESemmé 7 Days Straight. I use about 9 pumps of this and rub it in avoiding my roots. To be perfectly honest I don't find this does much, my hair struggles to stay straight. This could be down to the damp air in the mornings on my walk to school, but considering it claims to keep hair straight for up to 4 washes I was pretty disappointed. An alternative that I love and will be going back to ASAP is the John Frieda Frizz-Ease Original Serum. It works perfectly for me.

 
Next I blow dry my hair. I use this Vidal Sassoon hair dryer and it does the job! As soon as my hair's completely dry I section it off. I like to split my hair in half and then section one half at a time.

I straighten my hair using my GHD IV Straighteners. Although GHDs are expensive I think they're worth the money as many cheaper straighteners just don't get hot enough to work with my hair. So I just straighten small sections of hair at a time and go over each section a couple of times.

Once I'm happy with my hair a apply a tiny amount of the Proclaim Glossing Polish. My hairdresser recommended this to me a couple of years ago and it is amazing! It's literally just a finishing oil that adds extra shine and makes your hair feel super soft! The only issue with this is that the product comes out quite quickly and you really don't want to use too much or your hair just looks greasy again. Then you've ruined your hard work!!

So that is my current hair care routine! Let me know in the comments if there's any products/treatments you think I'd like.

Thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment